Task Force Will Meet Sept. 11
The Rural Broadband Task Force will meet on Friday, Sept. 11 from 9:30 a.m. to noon CT at the 1526 Building, 1526 K Street, Lower Level Training Room in Lincoln, Nebraska. The agenda is now available.
New Broadband Resources Available
The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the importance of broadband. Several new resources can help communities and regions address broadband availability, including:
- The NITC Community Council’s series of broadband case studies
- County broadband fact sheets developed by the Nebraska Library Commission and the NITC Community Council
- The NITC Community Council’s Six Steps to Better Broadband
- The updated Nebraska Broadband Map
Why Is Rural Broadband Important to Communities and Nebraska’s Economy?
Rural broadband availability and adoption are associated with:
- Attraction and retention of millennials
- Greater economic growth
- Attraction of new firms
- Higher household incomes
- Small business growth
Check out our broadband infographic (PDF) to learn more about rural broadband in Nebraska.